How to Buy Gold - 3 Easy Steps
Being a professional wholesale gold dealer and investor for over 50 years, I have found it’s easy for a well informed gold buyer to quickly learn how to buy gold and get a good deal when adding gold to your portfolio. Buying gold investments for your precious metals portfolio is as easy as 1-2-3.
Step #1 - Where to Buy Gold
The best gold dealer is a major market wholesaler with a minimum of ten years experience in the rare and investment coins business, with a proven track record of building profitable precious metal portfolios and an excellent industry reputation in numismatics and/or investment strategies.
Seven criteria for selecting your Dealer:
- A member of the Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG).. - The PNG is a private members-only association of reputable numismatic dealers that must be voted in by the membership to join. They must be well known and respected by the numismatic industry to even be considered for membership. Our founder, Barry Stuppler, is proud to be the current Vice President of the Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG).
- A minimum of ten years as a major market maker posting buy/sell prices for gold coins.
- An informative website --- ideally with an investment guide section on buying and selling precious metals including things like portfolio building tips, how to buy gold, how to find a reputable gold or bullion dealer, investment strategies, etc.
- No commissioned Salesman - Important fact: If you’re dealing with an account executive, their commission is added to your sales price!!!
- The gold dealer must be willing to disclose the profit margin and buy/sell pricing.
- The ability to ship your gold order within 48 hours from receipt of good funds.
- It is important that you receive your gold coins and bullion products immediately and don’t allow the dealer to store them for you. This provides you, the coin buyer / gold investor, with better flexibility when you wish to sell your gold coins, bullion, or other precious metal investments.
- Knowledgeable and Available --- offer you current precious metal market spot prices on demand; complete and full disclosure; the ability to quickly and easily answer your questions about investing in gold, buying gold bullion, etc. by phone or email; and free gold investment and portfolio building consultations and investing strategies.
Choosing the right gold dealer requires investing your time BEFORE investing your money. Spend the time and give due diligence to checking out the gold dealer. Knowing the dealer is credible, knowledgeable, fair, and honest are of the utmost importance before you invest a single penny of your money in buying gold bullion, precious metals, or investment coins.